Wednesday 23 February 2011

South Africa's clinical leads

22nd Feb 11

Today I went up to Karl Bremer Hospital to the EMS offices as I am privileged to have a meeting with Professor Lee Wallis President EMSSA and Head of Emergency Medicine UCT & SU  to discuss trauma and emergency care in SA, developing agendas and strategy.

Prof  Wallis was very informative and talented clinician who has led the recent EM innovations for the SA world cup. I was very impressed to read his articles, and publications. The EMSSA handbook details highly academic emergency medicine courses, core definitions, Emergency Nursing and Medicine and management- document to be proud of. 

He also put me in touch with other trauma leads and data collection- huge thanks to the EMSSA and ENSSA Lee, Petra and Jean- these experienced skilled nurses and doctor working collaboratively led the speciality and I have been fortunate enough to met them and gain knowledge.

I have been so lucky to meet and gain knowledge from the top trauma, surgical and medical leads in Cape Town and J Burg- so accommodating. The skills and expertise are highly regarded. Cant thank them all enough.

NE earthquake – my team UKISAR are deploying without me… oh well I’m in S Africian trauma!

No comments:

Post a Comment