Friday 4 February 2011

Day 1 in the Cape

Well arrived in one piece, always good!

Successful pick up from my friend Naomi who is kindly letting me stay for the first week. We drive through Cape Town into the Suburbs to Bishopcourt, the houses are incredible with views to match. And yeap I can almost touch Table Mountain, the scenery, greenery, blazing sun and the pure oxygen.... I feel better already!

After laying in the garden with a right view of one of the edges of Table Mountain dodging acorns falling from an old old tree banging then popping as they hit the ground, we finally went into town where I made my first bartering attempt in getting my phone unlocked, kinda successful although probably ripped off! Then went into a GP type surgery, before the consultation room housed a metal detector for firearms and weapons- I am in SA after all, interestingly the whites sat on one sofa while the blacks on the other?!

Once back home my next mission were to find my current locations and the various hospitals I would be visiting and working- result the sat nav works! Lets hope the user puts in the right addresses! Second result internet works! :-) Now chill before the real hard work begins!!

The Cape is beautiful, vibrant and haemorrhaging with diverse cultures and history... I have so much to learn...until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment